How to Start Your LLC
Starting an LLC and setting up your business is easier than you think. There are 8 basic steps you must take to get started.
- Choose your State (Click here if you are wondering what state to choose)
- Pick a Name for Your LLC (Best Practices for naming your LLC)
- Choose a Business Address
- Decide on a Registered Agent
- Complete and File Your LLC Articles of Organization
- Prepare Your Operating Agreement
- Complete an Online SS4 form to obtain an EIN (Employer Identification Number) for Your LLC
- Open your Business Bank Account
We'll walk you through these steps one at a time.
Here's a video you should watch BEFORE you start the process of setting up your LLC:
If you would rather use our DIY LLC service to help you set everything up, you can click here.
Let's get to it!
Choose the State to File Your LLC
(Please be patient as we continue to build out these pages one at a time. If you would like to access our comprehensive 50 state LLC database with complete instructions on how to start your LLC, click here).
Rhode Island LLC
South Carolina LLC
South Dakota LLC
Washington DC LLC
West Virginia LLC