Are you interested in working with Hawthorn Law?
At Hawthorn Law, we LOVE entrepreneurs. We love your passion, we love your dreams, we love all the exciting projects that you are working on. And we love working with you too.
We want you to be successful, and we know that for you to be truly successful, you need to focus your efforts on building your business, not worrying about whether you picked the right legal entity or what to do when your trademark application gets rejected. That's what lawyers are for – and we are here to help.
We can help you no matter what stage of business you are in.
Just starting out and can't budget for a lawyer just yet? We have a ton of free content on our website that will help educate you so that you don't make any initial mistakes.
Starting to gain some traction? We can help you make sure that you have the right corporate entity in place, that your contracts are rock solid, and that your intellectual property is protected.
Are you a more established business? We can help with the more complicated transactions you are looking to perform (i.e. selling the business), as well as making sure your employees, contractors, and business associates aren't doing anything to steal your trade secrets.
You see, we help online entrepreneurs with all aspects of their business, from coming up with a name and trademarking it, to helping you form your business entity, to drafting the contracts you will need to cover your butt.
Have a Name that Needs Trademark Protection?
If you have a name, logo, tagline, or anything else that needs trademark protection, we have a special deal for you. Here are just some of the benefits that you will receive from working with us to trademark your brand:
- We will schedule an initial call to go over all of your intellectual property, including trademark applications that you may have pending, and discuss the best and most cost-effective strategy to protect your online properties moving forward.
- We will conduct a comprehensive trademark search to determine whether or not the mark you wish to register is available.
- We will prepare a trademark application for you to review. After you have approved the final application, we will file it on your behalf with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- We will make ourselves available to you throughout the process to answer any questions you may have or discuss issues that may arise during the application process.
- We will monitor your application as it progresses through the USPTO so that you can focus on building your business, not worrying about drafting and filing complex legal briefs under strict deadlines.
- We will correspond with the USPTO examining attorney as necessary and copy you on all correspondence we receive or send out on your behalf.
- We will respond to any Office Actions (which are preliminary denials that arise in most trademark application), and will draft a substantive legal brief on your behalf when necessary (additional fees may apply).
- We will manage the entire process from beginning to end (End being when you receive your Trademark Certificate).
- We will provide you with advice and guidance on how to use and protect your trademark, including what symbols to use and when (™, ®).
Ready to get started? Click here to submit an initial questionnaire and we will follow-up with you to schedule an initial strategy call.
A word on Naming Your Business
Many entrepreneurs don't realize just how dangerous picking the wrong name can be. Picking a name that you can't protect, or picking a name that has already been protected by someone else can both cost you a lot of time, money and stress if done incorrectly.
Make sure you read this article first about how to properly name your business.
Need a “Legal” Contract?
One of the most important aspects of running a business is making sure that all of your legal relationships are reduced to writing. Here are just a few of the benefits to having proper legal contracts in place:
- You can protect your intellectual property from people that are most likely to steal it from you.
- You can stop worrying about clients that won't pay you.
- No more ambiguity about what work people are supposed to do for you, or what work you are supposed to do for them.
- Spell out your affiliate and partnership arrangements in black and white.
We have put together a series of the most important contracts that every business owner, whether online or not, needs to have in place to protect their business. For a list of the contracts we provide, as well as all the pricing details, head on over to our legal contracts page.
How to Start Working With Us…
If you are ready to get started, you may want to just go ahead and schedule a strategy call with us.
If you aren't quite sure what you need, you can also visit our services page and see what we have to offer.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you soon!