I’m so excited to announce the opening of a new and innovative training program for online entrepreneurs that want to take affirmative steps to protect their business legally but can’t afford the high cost of legal help, and don’t know where else to turn. I’ve called it The Entrepreneur’s Law School.
In anticipation of this launch, last week I put out a three-part legal training series that dealt with some important legal considerations facing online entrepreneurs, including business formation, trademarks and contracts.
This entire project started a couple of months ago, when I started sending out surveys to try and figure out what the biggest struggles were from online entrepreneurs. Here were some direct quotes from the survey respondents:
- “I don’t want to miss something important that can bite me in the butt later.”
- “I want to avoid unpleasant surprises”
- “I don’t know how to keep my intellectual property from being stolen?
- “I’m not sure what legal documents I must have to set up a new business.”
- “I don’t know what kind of company to start to protect myself long term.”
and here is one of my very favorites…
“I don’t know what I don’t know…”
When I started sitting down to go through all these responses, I realized that most of you, as online entrepreneurs, are not lawyers. (intuitively, I suppose I already knew that) 😉
You are, at your core, businessmen and women.
You are smart.
Many of you have advanced degrees.
You understand that the law is complicated and ever-changing.
You realize that lawyers are expensive and that DIY forms are risky if you don’t know what you are doing.
I cannot afford to hire a lawyer – I need a guide that tells an online business everything they need to know to get started (which also includes the legal aspects).
So I set out to create a program that is specifically designed to help you, the online entrepreneur.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You feel vulnerable publishing content without the proper protections in place, and you want to protect yourself and your business.
- You want to stay “above-board”, but you aren’t sure where to go to make sure that you are.
- You may have filed a trademark application that got rejected.
- You don’t know how to structure your business, nor do you know what protections you need in place so that if you get sued you won’t lose everything.
These are big problems for online entrepreneurs that cost more than just money…
What are these problems costing you?
It’s hard to know for sure unless you have been sued and were forced to pay damages.
But here are a few of the major costs associated with failing to protect your business:
Lost income and profits.
Wasted efforts building a worthless brand or one that infringes on a competitor’s intellectual property.
Cost of rebranding after receiving a cease & desist letter.
No plan if there is a breakdown between you and your business partner.
No plan if something catastrophic happens (like you or a business partner die).
Exposing your personal assets in a lawsuit.
These are tremendous very real issues that almost all online entrepreneurs will need to face.
So What Can You Do to Reduce Your Exposure?
As one of my survey respondents said so eloquently, you don’t know what you don’t know. And if you don’t know what the problem is, how can you possibly solve it?
You need help.
To be honest, you need a lawyer – but many are way too expensive for your start-up business.
That’s where The Entrepreneur’s Law School comes in…
What is The Entrepreneur’s Law School?
The Entrepreneur’s Law School is an innovative and interactive new online program that was created with entrepreneur’s in mind. The goal of this program is to help online entrepreneurs build “legally tough” businesses that are protected in every aspect.
We want to give entrepreneurs a crash course in everything they need to do to protect their businesses so that they can stop worrying about the legal stuff, and start focusing on what they are really good at – building their businesses.
The Entrepreneur’s Law School is broken down into 4 separate modules.
- Module 1: Foundational Legal Strategies
- Module 2: Business Entities for Entrepreneurs
- Module 3: How to Protect Your Online Intellectual Property
- Module 4: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Contracts
Each Module includes a coaching call to answer all your questions. In addition, you will receive additional video tutorials covering the following topics:
- How to file your own trademark application
- How to file a copyright application
- How to file your own business entity
- How to protect your intellectual property from employees and contractors and more
The training will also include checklists to help you out every step of the way.
Are there any other bonuses?
Well, I’m glad you asked…
Yes, there are 4 additional bonuses that are included in the tuition.
I have lined up guest lectures with 3 other prominent lawyers who will talk about patents, business systems/franchising, and small business estate planning.
In addition, there will be a special premium facebook group set up only for students in this course.
Well, actually – yes there is. I’m offering a free, one-hour strategy session with me to go over your business and answer any questions you have. But this bonus is limited to the first 25 registrants. Click here to watch the short video I’ve prepared that outlines all the details of the course.
But don’t wait – registration is only open for a limited time and the 25 strategy sessions will go fast!