Many online business owners have no problem forming an LLC by filing their paperwork with the Secretary of State, but if that is all you do then you are losing out on all of the protections that come with your LLC filing. There are a number of things that you must do after you get that paperwork back from the state to make sure your business is legally protected.
In today's show we discuss exactly what those things are.
Some of the resources mentioned are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase through this link, we will receive a small commission, but it won't cost you any extra money. This is a great way to support what we are doing here at Hawthorn Law. Thank you!
- LOCK it Down (legal) Protection System
- LLC Operating Agreement
- My favorite Payroll provider – Gusto
- Business Binder for your LLC
What you will learn in this episode
- What the corporate veil is and why it is important to you as a business owner
- The first think you MUST do after you get your corporate paperwork back from the State
- What can happen if you don't have an operating agreement for your LLC
- Why you must have a business bank account for your LLC
- Why you must have a system to schedule deadlines related to your LLC
- When you do and don't need to document the things you do in your business
Don't forget to subscribe and leave us a rating and review!
Would you like to work with Jim on a deeper level?
Click here if you are a service professional looking to grow and scale your business. If we get enough interest, we will be launching a new program in 2022.
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur ready to join our membership now, click here.
If you need some legal templates for your online business, click here.
If you are looking for a lawyer to help you with the legal aspects of your online business, click here.